We believe data can transform the care of people with Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
We envision a world in which multiple stakeholders collaborate in the trustworthy use of real-world health data to accelerate data-driven insights necessary to transform the care of people with multiple sclerosis (MS).
The MS Data Alliance (MSDA) is a global multi-stakeholder non-for-profit collaboration that strives to overcome the sociological and technical challenges that arise when scaling-up real-world MS data, by:
- raising awareness about the importance of research using real-world MS data
- enabling better discovery and access to real-world MS data
- promoting trustworthy and transparent practices in the way real-world MS data is used.
- MS data is used collaboratively to generate shared research and novel treatments
- We work with patient communities and organizations to promote the value of research and the importance of MS data.
- To achieve this:
- We promote to our stakeholders the importance of the data needed to conduct the research identified as patient priorities
- We encourage all actors in our ecosystem to contribute and use data in transparent and trustworthy ways
- We promote the collection and use of real-world data to address important knowledge needs that complement randomized clinical trials
- We respect and promote the Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable (FAIR) principles across all MS data sources
- We respect the autonomy and ownership of data sources
- The MSDA will strive to support the sustainability of the MS data, knowledge, innovation and care improvement ecosystem, and of the Alliance itself