Strategic Focus Areas
We believe in a multi-stakeholder approach to overcome the socio-technical challenges that arise when scaling-up real-world MS data. Therefore, we implement a dual approach through our MSDA “Academy” and MSDA “Toolbox”.
- MSDA Academy Strategic Focus Area 1: Raise awareness about the importance of research using real-world MS data
- MSDA Academy Strategic Focus Area 2: Build a multi-stakeholder MS data community
- MSDA Academy Strategic Focus Area 3: Promote trustworthy and transparent practices in the use of real-world MS data
Develop tools to reduce the time and efforts needed to find and assess real-world MS datasets.
Currently, we are focusing on the development and implementation of the following tools:
- MSDA Toolbox Strategic Focus Area 1:
Catalogue: A web-based catalogue that provides a strategic overview and allows end-users to browse metadata of MS data cohorts and registries.
- MSDA Toolbox Strategic Focus Area 2:
SwitchBox: MSDA aims to maximize reusability of MS registries/cohort data supporting local harmonizing efforts by developing and promoting the adoption of a common data model (CDM).
- MSDA Toolbox Strategic Focus Area 3:
Cohort Explorer: A “federated data network”, which allows local querying of different cohorts or registries, respecting the autonomy and ownership of data sources.