Strategic Focus Areas
We believe in a multi-stakeholder approach to overcome the socio-technical challenges that arise when scaling-up real-world MS data. Therefore, we implement a dual approach through our MSDA “Academy” and MSDA “Toolbox”.
- MSDA Academy Strategic Focus Area 1: Raise awareness about the importance of research using real-world MS data
- MSDA Academy Strategic Focus Area 2: Build a multi-stakeholder MS data community
- MSDA Academy Strategic Focus Area 3: Promote trustworthy and transparent practices in the use of real-world MS data
Develop tools to reduce the time and efforts needed to find and assess real world MS datasets.
Currently, we are focusing on the development and implementation of the following tools:
- MSDA Toolbox Strategic Focus Area 1:
Catalogue: A web-based catalogue that provides a strategic oversight and allows end-users to browse metadata of MS data cohorts and registries.
- MSDA Toolbox Strategic Focus Area 2:
SwitchBox: MSDA aims to maximize reusability of MS registries/cohort data supporting local harmonizing efforts by developing and promoting the adoption of a common data model (CDM).
- MSDA Toolbox Strategic Focus Area 3:
Cohort Explorer: A “federated data network”, which allows local querying of different cohorts or registries, respecting the autonomy and ownership of data sources.