The MSDA is an independent multi-stakeholder initiative under the umbrella of the European Charcot Foundation (ECF) with ECF acting as the legal entity.
ECF is an independent non-profit organization for advancing MS research. The Board of the Foundation is made up of high-ranking MS researchers in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
The stakeholders of the MSDA include regulatory decision-makers, people with MS/patient societies, data custodians, industry, clinicians and researchers. To ensure multi-stakeholder input, an Advisory Group is installed by the MSDA Core Group and MSDA is part of ECF’s Multi-Stakeholders Initiatives. The Multi-Stakeholders Initiatives promote a joint approach to coordinate existing MS initiatives aiming to avoid overlap in the actions and to increase the power of representation of the MS work as institutional level in Europe with the ultimate aim of improving MS patients’ lives.
The Advisory Group consists of approximately 20 people representing the different stakeholders. The composition can change over time and is reinstalled every year.
The Advisory Group provides strategic as well as scientific advice on the MSDA mission, strategic focus areas and objectives.
Six core partners drive the initiative forward:
- European Institute for innovation through health data (i-HD): Dipak Kalra
- Hasselt University (UHasselt) : Liesbet M. Peeters
- European MS Platform (EMSP): Jana Hlaváčová
- University of Leuven (KUL): Yves Moreau
- University Medical Center Göttingen (UMCG): Dagmar Krefting
- European Charcot Foundation (ECF): Giancarlo Comi